|Bienvenue! Welcome to our Home!
The word RIGOULENE come from RIGO LENA - A peaceful stream
The "Château de Rigoulene" was built on the foundations of an old mansion built in the 12th century, called "Manso Rigolena".
This domain was at the disposition of the Noblat Lords till the end of the 15th century.
The Château's construction seems to have started in the 16th century and ended in the first quarter of the 17th century. The
Chapel was transformed into the Main Living Room. A chimney from the 17th century was brought from the Abbye of
Grandmont in the 18th century, and installed in the Living Room.
In 1885, the gardens were redesigned by Andre Laurent "a l'anglaise"; keeping the fountains and the "charmilles".
The stables were built in the 18th century.